Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day 27 - December Meditations - Stillness

Yesterday, I found myself simply over stimulated.  I went to see a movie, walked around in a store and just found the need to tap into some inner tranquility in the midst of my day.  This morning I welcome a simple practice of becoming still in our meditation.  


As spiritual searchers we need to become freer and freer of the attachment to our own smallness in which we get occupied with me-me-me. Pondering on large ideas or standing in front of things which remind us of a vast scale can free us from acquisitiveness and competitiveness and from our likes and dislikes. If we sit with an increasing stillness of the body, and attune our mind to the sky or to the ocean or to the myriad stars at night, or any other indicators of vastness, the mind gradually stills and the heart is filled with quiet joy. ~Ravi Ravindra

"Be still.  Stillness reveals the secrets of eternity” ~Lao Tzu


“The inner is foundation of the outer
The still is master of the restless
The Sage travels all day
yet never leaves his inner treasure”  ~Lao Tzu


“Being still does not mean don't move. It means move in peace.”  E'yen A. Gardner

Affirmation:  I welcome stillness in the midst of my living.




No comments: