Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 22 - December Meditations - Giving

"If you want to be unhappy think of yourself.  If you want to be happy, think of others." ~Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche

Affirmation:  Today I give and think of others.  I cherish my friends and family.

As I prepare to move into celebrating Christmas with my family, I found myself a bit frustrated about the gifts I hadn't bought yet.  I was upset that I waited so late, but I still have time today and tomorrow to prepare, however, I found myself even more upset due to the fact that I want more money to spend on presents right now.  I didn't enjoy feeling so frustrated, but then was drawn to the quote above preparing to meditate and discovered I wasn't thinking of others really, I was thinking of myself with the gift giving.  As I shifted my attention to the connection I have with my friends and family, the frustration lifted.  I once again am feeling excited about shopping and know whatever I can give and afford is enough.

Join me in a meditation on giving to anchor in the love of the season instead of the pricetag.


No comments: