Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 12 - December Meditations - Self Acceptance

I woke up this morning with a story about myself that wasn't very positive.  I quickly dove into a place of spinning self judgement.  In meditation I quickly became aware of the story I was making up.  That story was basically "I'm not a good person."  Is this true I asked myself?  No, it isn't true, I am a good person, I simply wasn't pleased with a choice I made yesterday, that is all.  Self acceptance is the practice of self love and it requires great courage, however, all we have to do is be willing to accept ourselves and the experience of loving and connecting begins.

Affirmation:  I am open to love and accept all of me today.  Regardless if I celebrate it or judge it I accept it.


"The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you're enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, vulnerable and imperfect."

No comments: