Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 18 - December Meditations - Releasing Inflammation

"After all it is those who have a deep an real inner life who are best able to deal with the irritating details of outer life." ~ Evelyn Underhill

One of the main reasons I meditate is to better "deal" or be in relationship with myself and my out world. I was reminded of this yesterday as I contemplated the idea of what thoughts and beliefs am I repeatedly saying to myself that is causing inflammation and irritation to my mind, heart, body & soul.  I quickly launched into an painful intellectual process and "figuring" out of things and remembered, I don't need to fully understand it to release the inflammation and irritation I may be experiencing.  I can simply move to practicing affirmations and welcome my breath to reduce the "swelling".  That is what I invite you to affirm today and join me in meditation here.

Affirmation: Today I release inflammatory thoughts.  I remember that I am whole.


No comments: