Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 17 - December Meditations - Perfection & Imperfection

"If you look closely at a tree you'll notice it's knots and dead branches, just like our bodies.  What we learn is beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully." ~Matthew Fox

For a good chunk of my childhood into my early adult years, perfection was a killer of joy, spontaneity and creativity in my life.  In fact this is something I struggle with weekly if not daily.  There is, I dare say, a crazy notion that our world embraces and celebrates that in order for something to be "so" or really legit, it has to be perfect, and if it is not, then it is some sort of less than throw away.  This may seem a big dark or harsh, but think of a time where you have wanted to discard yourself from something, a project, relationship, a diet, a work-out plan...whatever, you either stopped or wanted to stop because something in you or your creation wasn't perfect.

Perfection is actually like heaven.  It is always available, but it is not a static state, rather it is a subjective state of mind or consciousness that is cultivated and not something that magically descends upon our living.  Perfection is something we partner with in any given moment.

Affirmation:  I embrace the inherent perfection of my life.  It is perfectly imperfect!

No comments: