Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Gratitude, making peace, getting present and welcoming vision

January 2, 2018

I am enough.  I appreciate who I am.

Today was my first day back to work and to “regular life” time after a week off.  Today is a day of gratitude.  Still basking in the transition of the year past and all that awaits, I am grateful, grateful for all of it the good, bad, the ugly, the know the unknown and uncertain.  I was reminded of one of my personal favorite and most inspirational quotes on gratitude written by Melody Beattie:

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”


Looking on the last year, I let gratitude release any shame, blame or self doubt and realize all that I learned from life challenges.  Today I let gratitude for simply being present to the now moment bring peace to the choice and possibility available to me…now.  I let gratitude release and sooth any doubts, worries or concerns of tomorrow as to how things will come to pass and relish in the vision of possibility that awaits.

Until tomorrow.

Love, Light & Laughter,

Darrell

1 comment:

Linda Reppond said...

So true! Thank you for the reminder! Happy New Year!