Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

January 3, 2018

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

What a powerful piece of scripture.  I am constantly trying to conform to the world, how about you?  Its not a bad thing, but often times it pulls me off my own mark, my own wants, wishes, desires and intentions.  Just yesterday a colleague brought back a coffee they got for free from a coffee shop around the corner.  Usually I take cream in my coffee and he was gracious enough to put a little in and offer it to me.  I accepted and then felt I "had" to drink it.  The only thing is on the #whole30 there is no dairy of any kind welcomed into the eating plan.  I still took two sips out of "guilt" I was pushing on myself, then I said to myself, "wait a minute!  Darrell you said you were doing the #whole30 which means no dairy, not even a splash in your coffee.  If you want to experience the full benefit of this program then you need to stay with the program, regardless of what others say, do or offer."

My mind was transformed in that moment, by not conforming to the world.  Nothing bad was happening, nothing was even right or wrong, but I was leaving my intentions and goals to the way side...I do that way too often.

I am enough, to stick to my #whole30 intentions.  I appreciate who I am and the conviction I have.  It IS enough!

We are 3 days into the New Year.  How easy it is to "fall off" or away from our New Year intentions, but all that is required is to get right back on track!

I encourage you to stay the course, and keep returning to it, regardless of what the world around you does or says!

Love, Light & Laughter,

Rev. D