Thursday, October 11, 2012

Practice the Core of My Life!

The philosophies and principles of what I have been studying for the past 10 plus years ultimately all point to one thing...prove it!  We/I can read about all kind of great ideas, philosophy techniques and doctrines, but if we never practice them we will truly never, ever "know" its truth and wisdom.  Thus, practice has become the the core of my life.  I love to read up on things and have an intellectual understanding of it all, but if I don't practice what I am reading about, it really doesn't mean anything.  Often times in classes and workshops I teach, or counseling sessions I offer, a participant will ask "okay, but how do I know this stuff will work?"  Well really, you won't?...you won't know unless you try it out and practice it for yourself. 

That is why I have invited so many people to meditate during this meditation marathon.  I write, try to come up with inspirational thoughts, and quote great minds of old, but my goal with all of this is to guide myself and others into a greater practice of experiencing and knowing the greatness of Love in our lives.  One of the greatest ways to begin practicing is in meditation, talking to no one but the self for a few minutes everyday.

One of my greatest teachers Ernest Holmes wrote, "...what the world needs is spiritual conviction, followed by spiritual experience.  I would rather see a student of this Science prove its Principle than to have him repeat all the words of wisdom that have ever been uttered.  It is far easier to teach the Truth than it is to practice it.  But the practice of Truth is personal to each, and in the long run no once can live our life for us.  To each is given what he needs and the gifts of heaven come alike to all.  How we shall use these gifts is all that matters! To hold one's thought steadfastly to the constructive, to that which endures, and to the Truth, may not be easy in a rapidly changing world, but to the one who makes the attempt much is guaranteed.  The essence of spiritual mind healing -- and of all true religious philosophy -- is an inner realization of the Presence of Perfection within and around about.  It is the hope of heaven, the Voice of God proclaiming: "I am that which thou art; thou art that which I am."

As a musician, I can read about theory, but until I practice and experience that theory it is simply a bunch of words and notes on a page.  As a minister, a counselor, and regardless of title, as a person desiring to experience and know Love, God, Spirit as and in my life, I can read all I want, but until I practice and experience that theory it is simply a bunch of words on a page.  I reach out again and invite whomever is reading this to join me in better understanding Love through practicing it!

Looking for support, counseling, classes or workshops to support you in your practice?
Contact me at darrelljonesspirit@gmail.com or call 773-450-3865.

Love, Light & Practice,

Darrell

No comments: