Sunday, November 27, 2011

The motive power which attracts...

Ahhh, Thanksgiving.  One of my favorite holidays.  If you have ever spent any time with me you know I like to eat and taste all kinds of good foods.  This, however, is not the only reason that I enjoy Thanksgiving.  I so enjoy the reminder of this holiday, to stop, pause and be grateful, grateful for what I have AND just to be grateful in general.  What I know to be true, whether we are grateful for something/someone in our lives or simply in a state of gratitude, thanksgiving or appreciation, we tap into an awesome power and principle that is amazingly generative.
Ernest Holmes writes in a definition of thanksgiving, "When we speak the words of thanksgiving to the God (Spirit, Divine, Love) within, knowing 'before they ask will I answer,' there is something in this attitude of thanksgiving that carries us beyond the field of doubt into one of perfect faith and acceptance, receptivity...realization.  Appreciation, gratitude and thanksgiving--the motive power which attracts and magnifies the hidden potentialities of life."  The motive power which attracts and magnifies the hidden potentialities of life, that is one of my favorite lines.  What I am humbly aware of us that I am always attracting and magnifying my life, but not always from a space of gratitude.  It is amazing to me how different my life experience immediately changes when I shift my attention to gratitude.  Join me and the country, heck the world for that matter in making an immediate shift by moving our collective attention to what we are grateful for and watch our individual and collective experience move into joy, love, creativity, safety and peace.  I am grateful for you!

No comments: