Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Possibility, Determination & Focus, Inspiration from Science

Today, a satellite launched 10 years ago landed on a comet 300 million miles away!  Full story below.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2014/11/12/the-rosetta-comet-landing-is-mere-minutes-away-from-making-history/

Can you imagine launching something 10 years ago that you really wouldn't see results from for a whole decade.  It just makes me think of the power of mind and intention, focus and determination.  I am sure there was a lot of doubt and uncertainty that could have stopped the work, but there was firm determination to see this day to light.

How many things in your life have you stopped because of doubt or uncertainty?  I can name a few personally, where would those projects be in my life if I had the same focus and determination as these scientists...who knows.  I have let them go, but now today I can cultivate my focus and determination and bring forth the latest desires and hopes on the horizon of my life.

A foundational practice that helps me reconnect on a daily basis is meditation.



No comments: